January 29, 2010

Pics of the turkey dinner

Sorry - I know this is all a bit late (and random, as usual), but I was uploading pics off of my camera and I came across some of the turkey dinner Steve and I had a couple of weeks back, and I thought I'd share them with you. I am finally getting to the point that I could possibly consider eating turkey again. Almost. Note to self: a 20 lb turkey is just a little bit too much for two regular sized people. Thanks.
 
Check out this totally rad grill. It has a propane start - so it's just as easy to fire up as a gas grill, but you still get the coveted charcoal grill taste. Genius!

 
Millions of tiny cubes of bread, hand cut by Steve and I, and toasted to make homemade stuffing. YUM. I love stuffing.

 
Piles and piles and piles turkey...

 
Delicious homemade gravy...it was my first time ever making turkey gravy, and I was very nervous! I made homemade chicken stock as a stand in, just in case I didn't have enough drippings from the turkey, but we ended up with TONS of drippings. I don't know if it was the slow-roasting method, or because I shoved butter and herbs in between the skin and meat? Either way, we had more than enough drippings, and they had a wonderful, smokey, "hot off the grill" flavor that really made the gravy delicious!

 
The feast!

No comments:

Post a Comment