June 28, 2010

Monday...Chicken Satay Skewers!

A week late and without pictures is better than not at all, right? Right?!

Where did last week go? Days are starting to fly by (like summer always does), and I can't believe this weekend is the 4th of July. I wish summer never ended...

Remember last week I told you that I was hosting some lovely ladies for book club at my house? We had a great time with good company, delicious food and plentiful wine. I made PW's Asian Noodle Salad, which is always a hit; and Chicken Satay Skewers with peanut sauce to accompany (see below)!

I have been trying really hard to pay more attention to my measurements when I am making a recipe because I'm sure it is frustrating to read how I used a "pinch of this" or "a couple shakes of that"...I know this, because it is how my mom cooks too, and I know when I ask her for a recipe she's going to say..."Well...I don't really use a recipe..."

So like I said, I've been trying...

But I failed miserably during this recipe...because it was just a marinade! And I was in a hurry to get the chicken marinading before guests came! So, I am just estimating on this...but the good news is with these nummy ingredients, I don't think you'll have a problem making something delicious!

As a side note: I ran out of time so I didn't make my own peanut sauce...but the store bought stuff I got was pretty good. If you want to make your own, here is the recipe I was going to use: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/chicken-satay-with-peanut-sauce-recipe/index.html. This was not the chicken recipe that I used, however...but the peanut sauce looked good.

Without further ado, here is the approximate recipe for Chicken Satay Skewers!

Chicken Satay Skewers:

  • 2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 1/4 cup of soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
  • 3 tablespoons of ginger
  • Juice from 1/2 a lime
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons red chili paste
  • 6-10 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes so they don't burn
Combine all ingredients except skewers in a zip-top bag. Allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes. Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Thread chicken on bamboo skewers (the long way). Grill for 4 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with peanut sauce for dipping. Enjoy!!

Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment