June 9, 2010

Buffalo Shrimp Sandwich

Last weekend I made roasted shrimp and risotto for Steve and I. I had been in a cooking funk for a week and I needed something delicious to pull me out of it.

Risotto is that something for me. Yummy comfort food deliciousness. But I've already posted the recipe for that right here.That isn't what this post is about. This post is about what I did with the leftover shrimp the next day for lunch!

I was thinking about making a shrimp po' boy...but I didn't have Louisiana French bread or fried shrimp...two very important parts of a po' boy. So I settled for this:


Buffalo Shrimp Sandwich

  • 4 - 6 cooked shrimp (I used leftover roasted shrimp)
  • 2 tablespoons of Franks Red Hot or your favorite hot sauce
  • 1 slice of provolone cheese
  • ranch or bleu cheese dressing
  • one sub bun (or hoagie, baguette, etc)
Arrange shrimp on one half of bun, top with hot sauce and provolone cheese. Place under the broiler for 2 - 5 minutes (watch it the whole time...broilers are finicky...it can go from cold to burnt really fast...I keep the oven door cracked) or until cheese is melted and bun is toasted. Top with ranch or bleu cheese and enjoy! If you want an extra kick, you can sprinkle blackened or cajun seasoning on your shrimp first. Yum!

Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment