February 9, 2010

Cal's Adventure

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

~Bilbo Baggins, from JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings 

 

 

My big brother left last week to move out to Washington to be with his fiance. I am so proud of him, but so sad he is leaving...I have taken for granted the fact that he has lived so close for so long. I was going through some old pictures and feeling sentimental, so here is one of Cal last spring at the cabin, holding up a fish he caught...

 

 

I just had to include this old pic of Cal and I...mostly because look at how young and skinny we look! Simpler times, simpler times.

 

 

And  here is Cal's son (my nephew), showing me where Washington is on the map. So cute!

 

Cal: I wish you the best of luck on your new adventure! Have a great time exploring new places, meeting new people and eating your fill of fresh seafood! But remember - you are always welcome to come back home! Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment