November 30, 2010

I Am Thankful

...I really am.

Despite everything that is going on.

It's been a roller coaster of a year and I have leaned hard on my friends, family and Steve...and they have all risen spectacularly to the challenge.

I am looking forward to 2011...I know it will be a great year for me.

11 is my favorite number, so how could it not be?

Here are some of the things that come to mind when I think of my many blessings (not necessarily in order):

1. Steve. And the fact that he is much calmer, much more rational that me. Oh, and much more patient, and much stronger. And he's not a complainer.

2. My family. I know that my divorce and everything that went with it was very hard on them too, and I appreciate the fact that they have supported me and put their own issues aside to help take care of me. I am very lucky to have them.

3. My friends. Unconditional love is something that you expect from your family, but not always from your friends. I am lucky to have some wonderful, beautiful, non-judgmental friends in my life. Thank you!

4. Kempton. You all know how I feel about him...

5. My coworkers. They have also shown me tons of support and compassion over the past year. I am thankful that I have a job, and also that I work with some great people.

6. My tiny little house. That very soon I will be able to call MINE. Just waiting for the judge to sign the papers taking Jim's name off of the title.

7. Steve's family. He has an amazing family - which isn't a surprise considering how amazing he is. His kids are smart and funny and sweet; and his parents, siblings and their families have been supportive and accepting.

8. Italian food. What is it about winter that makes me an Italian food freakshow? It's all I want to cook and eat. Pizza, spagetti, lasagna, risotto, antipasto (especially olives, fresh mozzarella cheese, provolone cheese, artichokes...you get the picture). YUM.

9. You guys. My droogies, groupies, friends. Some of you I've never even met before, and you show up here all the time and offer your thoughts, prayers, opinions and support. Some of you I've known my whole life, and you never seem to tire of me...ha! This blog has been an excellent release for me and I hope you guys enjoy it too.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and ate way too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment