November 15, 2010

Happy Monday and Steve Update!

Holy winter storm, batman.

We got pounded on Saturday with about 8 inches on heavy, wet snow on Saturday.

It covered the trees and the houses and power lines, making my neighborhood look like a winter wonderland.

Did I mention that Steve has a plow truck?

He was there on Sunday morning before I'd even had breakfast, plowing out my driveway and shoveling off my walking paths/Kempton's peeing paths.

Reason number 9,318 why I love him.

On a related note, I am happy to report that on Friday (exactly one year after his first dose of chemo), Steve met with his doctor after another surveillance checkup, and was given a clean bill of health.

Yay!

I am extremely thankful, and we've been extremely lucky.

You can read about his cancer saga here

On a totally unrelated note, I have some new recipes for you this week!

I won't tell you what they are, but I'll give you some clues...

One involves a very unhealthy combination of pizza toppings.

And one involves a healthy combination of citrus fruits.

Sorry Joey -  no meatloaf yet. I'll work on that for you.

Enjoy you day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment