November 16, 2010

Delicious Grilled Pizzawich With Warm Marinara Sauce!

Oh my.

If you are on a diet, please look away.

I invented the most amazing sandwich the other day...

I had purchased all of the ingredients to make a turkey cobb salad (I know, healthy right?), when I decided that I really, really didn't want to eat a salad.

I wanted something cheesy, gooey, greasy and delicious.

Like pizza.

But I didn't want to take the time to actually make the pizza.

Have you noticed that I have instant gratification issues yet?

Anyway.

I looked in the fridge and saw I had everything for pizza, except for the crust.

Then I looked at a loaf of bread.

Then I light bulb went off.

Oh yes, that's right.

Check this baby out:



Layers of Canadian bacon, pepperoni and provolone cheese.

Like a grilled cheese, but with pizza toppings, yo! 

To.Die.For.

And easy as pie!

You could use whatever pizza toppings you wanted (including some veggies, if you were feeling healthy like that)!

Make this for lunch tomorrow.

Grilled Pizzawich With Warm Marinara Sauce
  • 2 pieces of bread
  • 4 slices of pepperoni
  • 4 slices of canadian bacon
  • 2 slices of provolone cheese 
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 4 ounces of your favorite marinara sauce
Butter the outside of two pieces of bread. Put one slice (butter side down) in a skillet or grill pan over medium-low heat. Arrange cheese and meat on top of bread, top with remaining piece of bread (butter side up). Slowly cook over medium-low heat until the bottom is golden brown. Flip sandwich over and cook until this side is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Serve with your favorite warmed marinara sauce. Yum!!!

Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment