October 14, 2010

Chef Salad

I feel like I have been posting a lot of comfort food lately.

I know that my ass looks like I've been eating a lot of comfort food lately.

And maybe like I've been sitting on it a little too much.

So today, I am going to post a relatively healthy recipe!

Er...even if it isn't low in fat/calories after you add the meat and cheese...and dressing...

At least you will be getting your vegetables!

It's totally customizable too.

Add whatever veggies you have/want...peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, sprouts, etc.

Add whatever meat you want...turkey, ham, bacon, chicken, etc.

Use whatever lettuce you like.

For the below pictures, I used romaine hearts and spinach; tomatoes; cooked wild rice; ham, turkey and bacon; and cheese!

It was definitely missing hard-boiled eggs though.

I'm not going to post a formal recipe, because really? I think you might know how to make a salad.

I just wanted to give you a dinner idea.

Plus, I made chicken fajitas on the grill last night, and I am making jambalya tonight (per Steve's request)...so I don't have much for new material. This one is from the vault.

Enjoy it anyway!


Start with your base...I used romaine hearts and spinach.


Then add your meat...turkey, ham and bacon...


Then once you realize that you should probably put something other than meat on your salad, move your meat over and add fresh tomatoes and cooked wild rice (if you want).


Top with cheese and enjoy with the dressing of your choice! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment