November 29, 2009

I am thankful.

I realize that this is a little belated, but I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving (and following weekend)! After much deliberation (and a secret phone call from Steve to Cal, plotting to get my parents to call me and invite Steve and I up to the Falls), we decided to head up north. We went to Georgia and Kirk's for Thanksgiving dinner, and then went up to the shack Friday with my parents (pictures to come later). It was a really nice weekend - Steve got to meet everyone (including my nephew Sam), and we got to spend some time with my parents. I think it went well - everyone behaved themselves accordingly, and made both Steve and I feel very welcome. I am very thankful for that. Here are some other things I am thankful for:
- My family. All of their quirks, flaws, oddities and challenges. I love them very much.
- My friends. The love and support and patience they have shown for me over the last year has been amazing. I will not forget.
- Kempton. Even though he smells like mud, the shack, and the beer/clamato I spilled on him. Even though he farts and hogs the couch. And leaves dog hair everywhere. He is the best snuggler ever. He never ceases to make me smile, even during the most difficult times of my life.
- Brett Favre. How much more fun has it been to watch the Vikings this year? Seriously people, we should be thankful.
- Kendall Jackson Chardonnay. Yay.
- Food. Just in general. I am thankful that I have enough and I am thankful that I am gifted enough to make a little magic every once in a while.
- Nice weather in November. I love that mother nature is as big of a procrastinator as me sometimes. Let's put off winter until next November, shall we?
- The golf course near my house. In the fall/winter/spring, it acts as a giant, beautiful dog park for Kempton to run free of his leash. 
- Steve. Because he tolerates me, despite of all of the above. Mmmmmuuuuuaaaaa!

1 comment:

  1. You had me until the Brett Favre comment. LOL. Seriously, I don't know what I would do without you two. Thankful doesn't even come close...

    ReplyDelete