August 3, 2010

Angel Hair Pasta with Lemon, Basil and Grilled Chicken

I decided just to post the recipe without the pictures, because you should make this while the weather is warm and you don't feel like starting the oven...when I make it next time, I will try to snap some pics and add them...

...and I WILL make this again...I thought it was delicious. I looooooove lemon + pasta.

Have you tried my Shrimp Scampi Fresca? Yum.

Anyway, I have been seeing recipes around on other food blogger's sites for lemony pasta, because it is a very summery dish...

...however...

...most of them contain heavy cream. Which, in my world, does not equal a happy bikini season. Or a happy tummy for me.

So I set out to make a lighter lemon pasta, but I still wanted to keep some of the elements of the other dishes I saw out there, like the grilled chicken, and basil.

Here is what I came up with!

Angel Hair Pasta with Lemon, Basil and Grilled Chicken (serves 4)

For the chicken:
  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
  • Juice of one lemon 
  • 1/4 cup of dry white wine
  • 1 - 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • Salt and Pepper
Combine all ingredients in a zip top bag and let marinade for at least one hour. Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Cook chicken indirectly until cooked through. Set aside to cool. Once cool, cut into bite sized pieces.

For the pasta:
  • 1/2 package of angel hair pasta
  • 4 lemons, juiced (remove any seeds that fall into the juice)
  • 1 bunch of asparagus, washed and trimmed, then cut into 1.5 inch pieces
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/3 cup of basil, julienned
  • 1/3 cup of dry white wine
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/3 cup of olive oil
  • 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
Cook pasta according to package directions. Melt butter in the bottom of a large skillet over medium heat, saute garlic and asparagus until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add wine and cook for another minute. Stir in  lemon juice, olive oil and basil. Add cooked pasta (half at a time, to make sure you have enough sauce...I had more than enough), cooked chicken, and Parm cheese. Toss to combine. If you were being really fancy you could top with extra basil leaves and Parm cheese...I was starving to death so I just started eating it out of the pan. In addition to the asparagus, you could also add cooked broccoli, mushrooms, and/or cherry tomatoes...whatever you have on hand! ENJOY!

Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment