May 17, 2010

Monday Mumbles.

Good morning! Happy Monday! It is a beautiful day here today, and I am going to force Steve into taking me out in the boat tonight! Yay!

I just wanted to give ya'll a couple of updates and let you know what to expect from me for the rest of the week...it makes me feel more organized...I love a good outline! Life should have an outline that you can follow, and refer back to, just to make sure you stay on track. No? You're a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of person? Fine. I'll just ramble on without direction. But bear with me, because I need to get this out there before I can move forward with my day. Thank you!

1. Last weekend (as in, yesterday and the day before): I went up to the cabin to hang out with my parents, and had a fantastic weekend. The weather was gorgeous, we cooked and ate great food all weekend (we'll talk more about this later), we took a sauna, had a bonfire, caught a couple fish, had some mimosas...the cabin is my happy place. Spending time there is good for the soul (if not for the figure). Steve and I are going back up this weekend.

2. Kempton: he is doing LOTS better. The medication that the vet gave him must really be doing the trick (along with a few days rest), because he is moving around really well and he had a good time at the cabin this weekend too (except for when he rolled in deer poop or fish guts or something disgusting...then he had to get a bath...twice).

3. Me: it has been a rough couple of weeks (who am I kidding, it has been a couple of years), but summer makes me happy, and I am looking forward to the next couple of months. I am on a break in my yoga schedule for the next couple of weeks, but I am excited to start that up again in June. I have also joined a book club with a handful of lovely ladies; we meet once a month and discuss life, books, and spirituality over a glass of wine and yummy food. I am very grateful that they asked me to join and I think that I am going to make some great friends!

4. I am hungry. I "met" a fabulous foodie online named Natalie last week - her blog is called Perrys' Plate and I can't wait to try out some of her recipes. I am going to make her sun-dried tomato pesto this week and then use it in a variety of recipes over the next week or so, including her Creamy chicken and sun-dried tomato pasta . Major yum! I will post about that this week, as well as a post I have in the works about marinades and rubs. I will also share some pics from the cabin, and hopefully of the garden. So come back and visit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment