April 17, 2010

This is what my weekend has been like so far...plus reminder recipes of sun-dried tomato pasta salad and crock pot beef roast

Yesterday...
Nap.
Eat.
Go to Gina's and have a couple glasses of wine and chill with her and her mommy (which was lovely - thanks ladies!).
Come home, watch Twilight and New Moon.
Snuggle with Kempton.
Look over to see this:
Lord, help me.
He is very...special.
Isn't he just about the cutest thing you've ever seen though?
I had to go to bed after that.

Today...
Sleep.
Eat.
Clean.
Take Kempton for a walk here:










Go grocery shopping.
Buy Kempton a bone.
Watch him parade the bone around the house, coming in and out no less than 14 times to show it off.
Finally convince Kempton to settle down and chew on bone.
Wash dishes.
Make my favorite pasta salad in the whole wide world:
You take a pint of cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half.
A couple handfuls of kalamata olives, chopped.
A package of basil, washed and chiffonaded.
A package of corkscrew pasta, cooked according to package directions and then rinsed with cold water to cool.
Add 7 ounces of drained sun-dried tomatoes, 4 cloves of garlic (mine were already minced), cracked pepper and 3 - 4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar to a blender (note: I used more like 10 oz of tomatoes...or you can add a roasted red pepper). Puree, slowly adding up to a cup of olive oil while you are pureeing (note: for part of the oil I use the oil from the tomatoes, and the rest straight up olive oil).
Mix all of it together (you may have extra dressing). Add about a cup of grated Parmesan cheese.

Shamelessly shove large bites into your mouth. Repeat.
PS: The original recipe is from Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa). The Pioneer Woman adapted it and that is how I first discovered this little slice of heaven. I have further tweaked it from there (and think/talk/dream about it all of the time), you can read my previous post about it here.

Nap.
Eat more pasta salad.
Check lottery tickets only to find that I do, indeed, have to go back to work on Monday.
Brown a beef roast. Mix a heaping tablespoon of beef bouillon with a bottle of beer. Put roast in crock pot and pour beer mixture over top. Add a cup of red wine, cover and cook on low so that I could eat these tomorrow:

Consider watching New Moon for the 3rd time.
Decide to get my poop in a group and catch up on some blogging.
Decide instead to blog randomness.

Tomorrow I plan to:
Clean Kempton's poop out of the back yard.
Make the french dips you see in the pic above (don't worry, I'll wash my hands).
Eat.
Wash more dishes.
Nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment