December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

Can you believe how fast I got these pictures up?!

It's a Christmas miracle!!!!

Thanks Steven.

These are just pictures from his camera, because I haven't seen the pics that my mom or my uncle Joey took.

Anyway, here are some pictures from my family's celebration. We are waiting to do Christmas with the kids until they get back from Hawaii.


Here are a couple of the Christmas tree at my parents' house on Christmas Eve. Steve was playing with the light and shutter speed.


Here are a couple of pictures of my dad's side of the family...from left to right:
Cal, Lyndi, Georgia, Steve, me, my dad, my uncle Kirk (the tall one in the back), my mom, my uncle Joey.

 And no Christmas post would be complete without pictures of our beloved dogs, right? Unfortunately Steve didn't get any good pictures of Logan...which is a shame because he is a gorgeous monster of a dog (112 pounds).
How cute is Tilly? As Lyndi pointed out, she looks like she could be the daughter of Aly and Kempton. You know, if they weren't COUSINS and all that. And if they weren't all fixed. And if Kempton wasn't from North Carolina, Aly wasn't from Montana, and Tilly wasn't from Washington.
Aly and Tilly napping under the table.

We kept the dogs separate for most of the evening, but by the end we just decided to give up and see how it went with Grandpa Kempton in the mix. Over all it went really well! Logan and Aly seemed to almost know that they needed to be gentle with Kempton, and they pretty much left him alone. Tilly is only 6 months and a little crazier than the others, but she did really good too. Kempton did try to hump her a couple of times, and there were a couple of times that I may have come close to having a heart attack...but everything worked out fine.

And now for the food...

My dad made a delicious pork tenderloin on the charcoal grill, and served it with a yummy brown sauce. The marinade recipe that he used was fantastic - I'll see if I can get it from him to share.

My aunt Georgia made this gorgeous wild rice pilaf.

I made PW's Asian noodle salad (recipe post to come).


And my mom made two brand new recipes that we hadn't tried before. The top one is a squash au gratin with spinach, and the second is a bacon, apple and leek bread pudding. The bread pudding was amazing. A total keeper. I have to get that recipe.

Yum.

What a lucky girl I am to have such a totally rad family.

And to have them all be good cooks, on top of it! 

Thanks everyone!

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment