June 1, 2012

Chick Food

I remember a conversation I had with my Mom shortly after Steve and I decided to build an addition instead of just buying a different house. She was telling me about her experience building, and told me that when her and my Dad were building their house, she lost a bunch of weight (due to manual labor, long hours, no time to cook, late nights, etc.). So I thought, "BONUS! New house AND bikini body!" All of that stress and hard work has to pay off somehow, right???

Unfortunately, my reality seems to be a bit different so far. I blame it on the Man Food. I mean, there is something wrong with serving a bunch of dirty, sweaty, tired men-folk a chicken cashew stir-fry or a shrimp and avocado salad. So...that means I've been serving things like brats and burgers and pizza and chips and granola bars and beer to the brave folk who have been helping. Man Food.

Man Food does not equal bikini body.

So last night I decided I'd had enough, and cooked me up some Chick Food. Asian Noodle Salad with tons and tons of veggies - cucumbers and peppers and spinach and cabbage and bean sprouts etc. with a soy-ginger-lime-jalapeño dressing. YUM. I used some of the dressing to marinade the chicken, grilled it up, and voila! Chick Food. I think that even Steve was ready for a change of pace.

Of course, since it was clearly a healthy dinner, that means that was ok to have that extra glass of wine.......right? Bikini body here I come. He he he.

The end.

http://ssandjb.blogspot.com/2010/12/asian-noodle-salad-adapted-from-pioneer.html?m=0

No comments:

Post a Comment