December 27, 2010

How to Roast Garlic (and other random thoughts)

Happy Monday!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend...and for my friends that celebrate Christmas - a wonderful and Merry Christmas!

Santa was very good to me this year, and I was fortunate enough to spend the weekend with my family.

I ate (and drank) waaaaaay too much.

I'll post pictures later (blame Steve). 

So...I was thinking that I might need to scale back on the heavy comfort foods for a little while.

Like, forever.

Or at least for a couple days (New Years Eve, anyone?).

And another thing that I need to do is start working on posting pictures for the recipes on here that don't have any; as well as rewriting some of my more confusing recipe posts.

These are things that I will be working on over the next few months, so bear with me if there are less "new" recipes posted and more re-runs.

I'll try to slip in a "healthy" recipe here or there too.

I use the term loosely.

Here's one now!

Garlic is really good for you, and roasting garlic mellows out the flavor as well as making it easy to spread.

Also - it may or may not keep vampires away. 

Use this for pasta sauces, soups, salad dressings...or just spread some on a loaf of good crusty bread!





How to Roast Garlic
  • 1 head of garlic
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 sheet of aluminum foil
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Peel as much of the papery outside off of the garlic as possible, while still keeping a layer on the cloves, and the cloves attached by the root.

Slice off the top of the head of garlic, exposing the cloves.

Drizzle the olive oil over the exposed cloves, and wrap the entire head in the aluminum foil (you could also use a garlic cooker if you have one).

Bake for 45 - 60 minutes, until the cloves are soft throughout.

Let cool and then squeeze the roasted garlic "paste" out of the head and use.

Enjoy!

Printable Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment