December 15, 2010

Hot Jalapeno Popper Dip

Monday after work Marisa and Erin came over to have a little "Happy Hour" get together and so they could meet my sister-in-law-to-be, Lyndi (who is currently staying with me).

I had been eying (eyeing?) this recipe on Tasty Kitchen that I came across for Hot Jalapeno Popper Dip, and I decided that this was the perfect time to try it out.


Yum.

It was really good - it was creamy with just the right amount of heat, and it tasted very similar to a jalapeno popper (which was the goal).

The recipe was for 6 or more people, and the 4 of us almost ate the whole thing.

Here is the recipe...I only made a couple of slight adjustments (which I noted below). This is perfect for your next party!

Hot Jalapeno Popper Dip (serves 6 - 8) by babskitchen on Tasty Kitchen
  • 2 whole (8 Oz. Each) Pkgs. Cream Cheese, Softened
  • ½ cups Sour Cream
  • ½ cups Mayonnaise
  • 1 can (4 Oz.) Chopped Green Chilies, Drained I used fire-roasted
  • 5 whole Jalapeño Peppers, Seeded And Diced (leave In A Few Of The Seeds To Give Dish Some Extra Heat)
  • ½ cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated
  • ½ cups Panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs)

Preheat oven to 400ºF.

Stir together cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in green chiles and jalapeños. I used a hand mixture to blend it all together once the cream cheese was soft.

Pour mixture into an oven safe serving dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and panko crumbs. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, then put under the broiler for 1 – 3 minutes to lightly brown the top.

Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers or a crusty bread.

*Cut recipe in half for 6 or fewer people.

** I think putting a layer of grated sharp cheddar cheese (or mixing a half cup in with the mixture) would be delightful. I also think it could have used a 1/2 teaspoon or so of salt. 

Printable Recipe

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsey,

    I wasn't able to find an email address for you, so thought I'd leave a message here. I would be happy to give you instructions for making a printable recipe page. Email me at cookincanuck (at) comcast (dot) net and I will email the instructions.

    By the way this dip looks entirely too addictive!

    ReplyDelete