September 7, 2010

Things I Love Right Now

Here are some things that are on my mind and making me happy right now:

  • Kempton. It is his 8th birthday today. That dog has been through more with me in the past 8 years than anyone else in my life. And I'm very glad he can't talk...hee hee hee. I don't know what I would do without him. But most of the time, I don't know what to do with him...naughty bad boy. 

  • That the weather is cool enough to start the oven. Normally I hate when summer leaves, because winter and I are not friends. But exercising and cooking are more fun in the fall, and those are two things that I am trying to do regularly right now. I made 3 pans of Chicken Enchiladas last night...one "mild" version for Steve to feed the kids tonight, one delicious pan for dinner last night, and one to put in the freezer for future use. Did I mention that I also made Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup? Soup tasted so good with the cold wind blowing and rain beating against the windows last night. Yes, I made all of these things using leftover Spicy Shredded Chicken. Make it. Now. I'll post pics later (you've heard that one before, right?), but I have a lot of catching up to do.
  • That I got to snuggle with my sunshine for an extra hour this morning. Usually he is up and gone by the time I get up for work, but today he got to sleep in because he was going to take pictures of his kids on their first day of school this morning instead of going to work. It was so chilly out, I didn't want to get out of bed. Yes, I was late for work. But Steve has the perfect body temperature for snuggling. It couldn't be helped.
  • That when I left Steve's parent's house yesterday to go home, Katy hugged me so tightly I almost didn't leave. But I wanted them to have some daddy time without me there...and I was in desperate need for a nap. I don't know how you parents do it. 
  • Labor Day weekend. I will post pictures later, but it turned out to be a wonderful weekend. At first I was sad because I wasn't spending it at the cabin like I did every year, but I ended up having a great time. 
  • Pot roast, lasagna, spaghetti and meatballs, macaroni and cheese, chicken noodle soup and risotto. Comfort food. It would make me happy if someone would bring me one of each, please? Or better yet - just make it summer again, so I feel like eating salad and fresh veggies instead of pasta and meat. Thank you! 
  • That it isn't Monday today. HA! It's already Tuesday...I have a 3 day work week this week, droogies!
Enjoy the cooler weather everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment